Getaway Fact sheets
You are here: ninemsn > Travel > Getaway > Fact sheets
Star of the Sea Apartments
Star of the Sea Apartments
The view
The chopper ride

Terrigal Heli-Tour and resort

Thursday, March 3, 2005

Catriona heads to Terrigal in a chopper to stay at the latest 5-star resort to hit the coast.

Terrigal is one of the most popular residential holiday resorts and retirement centres on the Central Coast of New South Wales. It is easily accessible from Sydney and Newcastle and offers loads of activities, including fishing, all sorts of watersports and lots of natural scenery.

The drive from Sydney is fairly easy these days, but if you want to really enjoy a relaxing time on the Central Coast, why not take a Star of the Sea Heli-Tour package?

You will be collected from your Sydney address or you can self-drive to Sydney Airport and enjoy free parking.

The flight along the magnificent coastline in a four-seater Robinson 44 takes around half an hour and takes in the beauty of Sydney Harbour, including Bondi and the northern beaches, Broken Bay, Brisbane Water National Parks and Central Coast tourist spots.

You land at Gosford City Heli Port in Erina and are then transferred by stretch limousine to Star of the Sea Resort.

The resort opened in August 2004 right on the Haven headland. It overlooks four kilometres of sandy beach and has views to the Norah Head lighthouse 20km away. Just 30 percent of the land is taken by the resort — the other 70 percent is open space or recreational facilities.

There are four buildings, which all have ocean and resort views towards the Skillion, an oddly-shaped headland, the boat haven, North Avoca, Terrigal and Wamberal, from huge balconies with awnings.

The resort's reception has a Florentine fountain surrounded by giant palms. There are 52 air-conditioned apartments, with five-star size and presentation. All apartments are accessed by lift from the car park or foyer. First timers are amazed at the space once they open their door.

There are apartments with three and four bedrooms, making the resort a popular place for a getaway with family or friends. There are king, queen and single beds, lots of Italian marble, beautiful gourmet kitchen, laundry and a separate dining area equipped for 10 guests in the three bedroom apartments and 12 in the four.

All facilities are free of charge to guests. You should take squash and tennis racquets and balls if you fancy some exercise on the synthetic courts.

There is an indoor heated pool, outdoor pools heated and unheated, spa, beach and waterslide, waterfall and fountain, cool room, barbecue, well-equipped gym. There's even a swim-up kitchen where you can order sandwiches, salads, pastas and cool drinks by swimming to the granite bar and perching on a stainless steel stool.

Snooker and card tables are there for guests' relaxation, as well as a library, or you may choose to just enjoy the extensive water features and sub-tropical landscaping.

The children have been thought of — there is a playground and pizza oven party area.


1.5 hours north of Sydney.


Star of the Sea Luxury Apartments has three-night packages from Sydney, including helicopter flight, accommodation, limousine ride, transfers and breakfast each day for $599 per person, based on six people. For room only, three-bedroom ocean-view apartments start at $360 a night for up to six people with a minimum two-night stay.
Please note that the prices listed are valid at the time of filming.

More information

Star of the Sea
8 The Esplanade
Terrigal 2260
Ph: (02) 4385 7979
Fax: (02) 4385 5656

Related links


Brochure Search

Free electronic brochures with information, resources and holiday ideas for unique getaways.

Select a destination:
Sign up nowTo Receive the free Getaway newsletter