With our 50 must-see places of the world - we'll start with our top 10 most popular destinations as voted by you.The top 10, chosen by our viewers, are:
1. Paris: Most visitors to the "city of light" come away with superlatives the "most romantic", the "most chic" shops, restaurants beyond compare. There are few cities in the world as wonderful as Paris.
View pictures and watch Getaway's 'Paris like a local' segment here:
2. Pyramids of Giza: The Pyramids are more than 4500 years old, the only surviving monuments of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World. An Arabic saying is that "man fears time, but time fears the pyramids".
*RELATED VIDEO: Exploring Alexandria, Egypt
3. New York City: Manhattan is a traveller's dream. In such a small space, it has everything tall buildings, the Hudson River, Central Park, Times Square, Broadway, shops, restaurants, hotels, theatre and a cultural mix influenced by every country in the world.
*WATCH VIDEO: New York - The Bronx, Staten Island and Liberty Island
4. Venice: Europe's dream city, cocooned in its magical lagoon. Streets of water lap against an urban fabric filled with colourful masterpieces by Bellini, Titian and Tiepolo. It has lived through Veneto-Byzantine, Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance influences, but is vulnerable to flooding.
*WATCH VIDEO: Verona to Venice drive
5. Santorini: Officially known as Thira, this is regarded by many as Greece's most spectacular island and it has some pretty stiff competition. It sits in the sparkling Aegean Sea, with its whitewashed houses looking like a postcard come to life. It does become crowded and is too commercial, but still should not be missed.
View pictures and watch Getaway's 'Top 5 Greek Islands' segment here:
6. Bora Bora: A 10-kilometre-long island in Tahiti, with smaller islands in its lagoon and a ring of islands on its reef, Bora Bora is a true get-away-from-it-all place. You can spend thousands of dollars a night for luxury accommodation or stay in a family-run pensione.
View pictures and watch Getaway's impossibly beautiful Bora Bora segment with Jennifer Hawkins here:
7. Great Barrier Reef: Off Queensland's coast, the reef is popular for those wanting to fish, dive, snorkel, swim, relax on a boat or take daytrips from the mainland. Many islands offer a great range of accommodation for all budgets. It is one of the world's natural wonders.
View pictures of the Great Barrier Reef here:
8. South African safari: Sabi Sabi gives you the chance to see the "big five" lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. It is also home to zebra, antelope, giraffe, monkey, cheetah, baboon, hyena, wildebeest, warthog and 360 species of bird, as well as diverse and unique flora.
9. Taj Mahal: Described as the most extravagant monument ever built for love, the spectacular, white mausoleum in India's Agra is as immaculate today as when it was built in 1653. Its gardens are set out along classical Persian lines, a square quartered by watercourses with an ornamental marble plinth at the centre.
10. Uluru: Also known as Ayers Rock, this is a monolith of arkosic sandstone. It measures 9.4 kilometres around its girth and is 345 metres high, but there are kilometres of it below the surface. It changes colour in the light and is particularly spectacular at sunrise and sunset.
NEXT: See numbers 11-20